Regis Philbin Writing Memoir
His third book will chronicle his time on “Live!,” including stories about co-host Kelly Ripa and Kathie Lee Gifford.
NEW YORK — Regis Philbin is ready for a new chapter.
The retiring star of Live! With Regis and Kelly has a memoir coming this fall, It Books announced Monday. Philbin, 79 will reflect on his decades-long television career, including stories about Live! co-host Kelly Ripa and her predecessor Kathie Lee Gifford and such celebrities as Jack Nicholson, George Clooney and Jerry Seinfeld. The memoir is currently untitled.
In a statement released by the publisher, an imprint of HarperCollins, Philbin called the book a "valedictory" and a "personal thank-you," especially to his fans.
He announced in January that he will leave his long-running morning talk show by the end of the year. His previous books include I'm Only One Man and Who Wants to Be Me?
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack