Relativity Buys Film Rights to 'Bible Code' Book Series
Relativity Media has bought the film rights to Michael Drosnin's Bible Code series of books, which includes The Bible Code, Bible Code II: The Countdown and Bible Code III: Saving the World.
The studio will develop the series of books -- which warn of a coming Armageddon, but also offer prescriptions for how to prevent it -- into a tentpole film to be released in 2012.
Drosnin, a former reporter for the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal, claims that the code is real and accurate. The code was purportedly found in the Bible by an Israeli scienetist and confirmed by a code breaker at the U.S. National Security Agency.
"The Bible Code series has been one of my favorites since the first installment was published," Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh said. "As a science junkie, realizing that the statistical probability that the code could be accurate is nearly impossible makes this an incredible story that must be told."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead