Relativity Inks Exclusive Distribution Deal With FilmNation
FilmNation will oversee the international sales and distribution of certain Relativity titles.
Glen Basner's FilmNation and Ryan Kavanaugh's Relativity Media are striking an exclusive multiyear deal for FilmNation to oversee the international sales and distribution of certain Relativity titles.
The deal is expected to be finalized prior to the Berlin International Film Festival. Films falling under the pact will be produced through Relativity's single picture business. Full details, along with exact titles, will be disclosed in the coming weeks.
Relativity has a number of foreign output deals that FilmNation would likely manage.
FilmNation also would handle sales in those territories where no output deals are in place.
FilmNation is currently handling international sales on Relativity/Universal release James Cameron's Sanctum.
Relativity's 2011 domestic release slate includes Season of the Witch, currently in theaters, Take Me Home Tonight(March 4th), Limitless(March 18) and the Untitled David R. Ellis 3D Shark Thriller(Sept. 2).
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR