Relativity Looking to Merge Foreign Sales Arm With Germany's Senator
Ryan Kavanaugh's production studio already has an exclusive output deal with Senator for Germany.
COLOGNE, Germany - Ryan Kavanaugh's Relativity Media is in talks to merge its foreign sales operations with German distributor Senator Entertainment, Senator announced Thursday.
If negotiations are successful, Senator would take over Relativity's world sales business, starting in 2013.
In an ad-hoc release to investors Thursday, the market-listed Senator said talks were still in preliminary stages and "the discussion has not yet been put to paper, pending further negotiation and agreement of both entities."
Relativity's recent production slate includes such titles as Oliver Stone's Savages and Tarsem Singh's Snow White adaptation Mirror Mirror.
Senator already has an output deal with Relativity for Germany, part of an agreement signed late last year that, according to Senator, will see Kavanaugh's group take a significant capital stake in the German producer/distributor.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR