Relativity Media Promotes Greg Forston to Executive VP
The former Senior vp of the Eastern division will serve as the General Sales Manager of Theatrical Distribution.
Greg Forston has been promoted to Executive vp and General Sales Manager of Theatrical Distribution for Relativity Media reporting to Kyle Davies, President of Worldwide Distribution.
Forston, who was previously Senior vp for the Eastern division joined Relativity when it acquired the distribution and marketing operations of Overture Films in 2010.
Forston will now be responsible for executing domestic theatrical distribution and release plans for upcoming movies including Haywire, Act of Valor, the Snow White project and Safe Haven, as well as films on which he was already involved such as Shark Night 3-D and Immortals.
Forston is credited with helping guide the movie Limitless to success for Relativity. Released in March, the movie grossed about $79 million in North America and almost $75 million in international markets, which is the most for any of the films they have released since taking over their own movie distribution about two years ago.
Forston was previously head of distribution at IFC, Fine Line Features and Palm Pictures.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR