Comedy Central Vet Joins Relativity's Reality/REAL
Elizabeth Porter will develop new series and oversee existing series for the reality TV arm of Relativity Media.
Elizabeth Porter has been appointed executive vp, development and series for RelativityREAL, the busy reality TV arm of Relativity Media, according to an announcement Monday by Tom Forman, the division's CEO.
Porter joins after most recently working at Comedy Central, where she was senior VP, specials and talent development. Among things she worked on were the Comedy Central Roasts.
Prior to her seven years at Comedy Central, she worked as vp, alternative programming at USA network. She began her career working on the Oprah Winfrey Show in Chicago, before moving to L.A. where she was a producer on several shows, including Vibe, The Man and the short lived Howie Mandel talk show.
At Reality/REAL she will be responsible for overseeing series and pilots, for both scribed and non-scripted TV shows, reporting to Forman.
RelativityREAL currently has 70 projects in production, including 17 original series airing or upcoming. They include The Great Bible Challenge, the Great Food Truck Race and Police Women of Cincinnati.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR