Relativity Signs First-Look Deal With 'Wedding Crashers' Producer (Exclusive)
Andrew Panay produced "Earth to Echo," which Relativity will release in April 2014.
Andrew Panay and his Panay Films have signed a first-look deal with Relativity, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Panay, who made his name in the comedy sphere, is segueing from Disney, where he produced such films as Old Dogs and When In Rome. He also was a producer on the Vince Vaughn-Owen Wilson comedy Wedding Crashers and Van Wilder, the cult comedy that starred Ryan Reynolds.
He came onto Relativity’s radar when the company picked up Earth to Echo, a low-budget coming-of-age picture that was initially made by Disney, but was then produced by Panay. When execs at Disney realized Echo no longer fit into their plans, Panay was allowed to shop it around, with the producer choosing to take it to Relativity.
In addition to producing Echo, Panay also wrote the story with Henry Gayden, who then penned the script. The movie, directed by Dave Green, will be now be released on April 25, 2014.
Panay’s deal encompasses both film and television.
Panay, who is also a producer on next year’s Hot Tub Time Machine sequel, is repped by WME and Jackoway Tyerman.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR