RelativityReal Appoints First COO
Andrew Marcus moves over from Relativity Media with a mandate to expand sales of TV programming to international markets.
With 17 TV series on the air or coming up and 70 projects in development, RelativityReal has promoted Andrew Marcus to be its first chief operating officer, reporting to CEO Tom Forman.
Marcus moves over from parent company Relativity Media, where he has been president of corporate development & strategy.
Along with the shows it currently has on the air are American Bible Challenge on GSN and Catfish: The TV Show on MTV.
Marcus will try to increase sales of such shows worldwide and will apply RelativityReal’s self-described “risk averse method” of financing which has been used in movies – doing pre-sales to lower the risk of losses. It will now be applied to TV.
Marcus will focus on expanding international finance and distribution.
"Having helped structure Relativity Media's network of co-finance and distribution partners,” said Forman, “Andrew's the right guy to help us forge new models in television. Andrew's relationships and experience will be invaluable as we craft new ways to produce bigger television series at lower prices and zero risk."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR