Reliance MediaWorks Appoints CEO For Exhibition Unit
Ashok Ganapathy to head Big Cinemas' 550 screen network across India, US, Malaysia, Nepal and Netherlands.
NEW DELHI – Reliance MediaWorks has appointed Ashok Ganapathy as CEO for its exhibition unit BIG Cinemas which runs a network of 550 screens in India and overseas.
Film services group RMW is owned by diversified conglomerate Reliance ADAG (which is an equal partner with DreamWorks).
While India's largest cinema chain BIG Cinemas has two joint COOs – Tushar Dhingra for north, east and central India and Ashish Saksena for the south and west regions – Ashok Ganapathy will now be the company's CEO reporting into RMW CEO Anil Arjun.
According to an RMW statement, Ganapathy, 45, will head the exhibition chain’s global business and “will be responsible for the organization’s strategy and growth.”
With a background in retail operations, Ganapathy comes from leading Indian business conglomerate RPG Group's retail arm.
BIG Cinemas is a significant business vertical with over 35 million annual footfalls across 143 properties located in 114 cities. We are blending a retail-centric approach with cinema to bring an innovative evolution to the movie-going experience and Ashok’s strong experience and deep knowledge in retail and consumer operations of would bring in a unique perspective on delivering strategic solutions to our consumers,” said Arjun.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR