R.E.M. Calls Upcoming Album Their Best Since 1991's Career-Defining 'Out of Time'
Despite the band's enthusiasm for 'Collapse Into Now,' due March 8, the trio will not be touring to support it.
R.E.M.'s Michael Stipe, Mike Mills and Peter Buck are apparently as excited as their fans about their upcoming 15th studio release, Collapse Into Now. Bassist Mills calls the 12-track collection "our best record since Out of Time," the 1991 career-defining release that earned the band three Grammy Awards and sold over 18 million copies. Guitarist Buck agrees, mentioning in the Feb. 17 edition of Rolling Stone that, "This is, song for song, the best thing we've ever done ... A lot of people say we did our best work in the early '90s. But 15 years later, here we are again."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR