Remedy Productions Hires Endemol Exec to Boost Game Show Development
British indie TV label hires Tom Blakeson to bolster its format output and add mainstream quiz formatting to its youth output.
LONDON – U.K. TV label Remedy Productions has brought in Tom Blakeson, the entertainment formats chief at Endemol's Remarkable Television to be its chief creative officer, beginning September.
Blakeson is charged with bolstering Remedy’s continued development into interactive game show formats.
During his six and a half years at Endemol, Blakeson has developed a reputation for bringing successful quiz formats to the screen with his resume boasting The Million Pound Drop, The Bank Job (both Channel 4) and Pointless (BBC Two).
The role is the latest in a series of appointments across the Argonon Group, Remedy's owner, as the company aims to build on its pool of creative talent, to help spearhead further growth across the group.
Blakeson will report to Juliet Borges, joint managing director of Remedy Productions.
Argonon CEO James Burstall said: "Tom’s track record of delivering world-class interactive entertainment formats is unrivalled and this appointment will be crucial as we embark on the next phase of our hugely exciting expansion plans."
Blakeson added: “My remit is to work closely with the team at Remedy to develop innovative and engaging new formats for both the UK and international markets."
Remedy Productions specializes in creating music and cross-genre formats for the BBC, MTV, Channel 4, FIVE, E4 and Sky.
As well as being the outsourcing partner for over 500 hours of MTV’s programming, Remedy makes a number of youth-orientated programs including Freshly Squeezed and The NME Awards for Channel 4.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!