Remembering Etta James: 5 of Her Most Popular Songs
Everyone know's the legendary singer's "At Last," but James, who died at the age of 73 Friday, had quite a few other hits.
On Friday, R&B singer Etta James died of leukemia at California's Riverside Community Hospital. She was 73, but would have celebrated her 74th birthday Jan. 25.
The singer, who was a Grammy Award winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, was discovered by talent scout Johnny Otis as a teen (he died Tuesday at the age of 90).
Her first No. 1 single was "The Wallflower" in 1955, and James enjoyed large success during the 60s, with hits like "All I Could Do Was Cry," "I'd Rather Go Blind," and of course, "At Last." Her last album, The Dreamer, was released in November.
Here are 5 of the legendary soul singer's most popular songs.
5. "Stormy Weather"
4. "A Sunday Kind of Love"
3. "I'd Rather Go Blind"
2. "Something's Got a Hold On Me"
1. "At Last"
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game