Remstar Films Acquires Canadian Rights to Steve Jobs Biopic 'jOBS'
The Ashton Kutcher-starrer about the Apple co-founder is to close the Sundance Film Festival, ahead of a 2013 commercial release.
TORONTO – Remstar Films has acquired Canadian rights to the Steve Jobs biopic jOBS, which stars Ashton Kutcher as the late Apple co-founder.
The Joshua Micheal Stern-directed movie is currently in post-production, and will close the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.
Montreal-based Remstar will release jOBS in 2013 and distribution partner Entertainment One is handling rights for the film outside Quebec.
The indie biopic is produced and financed by Five Star Institute's Mark Hulme.
Besides jOBS, Remstar’s 2013 film pipeline includes Don Jon’s Addiction, written and directed by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and also starring Gordon-Levitt, Scarlett Johansson and Julianne Moore, Anne Fontaine’s Mothers, starring Naomi Watts, Robin Wright and Xavier Samuel and Dallas Buyers Club, a film by Jean-Marc Vallée that stars Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Garner and Jared Leto.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws