Remstar Takes Canadian Rights to UFC Champion Georges St. Pierre Documentary
The Montreal-based distributor will release Peter Svatek and Kristian Manchester's “The DNA of GSP," about the French-Canadian MMA fighter, in fall 2013.
TORONTO – Canadian distributor Remstar Films has picked up the Canadian rights to The DNA of GSP, a feature documentary about the UFC’s Georges St. Pierre.
The distribution deal with the film’s executive producer Bruno Menard will see Montreal-based Remstar release the film about the French-Canadian UFC champion in fall 2013.
Joining the production team on The DNA of GSP is producer Neil Lucas (Life, Planet Earth).
The documentary, co-directed by Peter Svatek and Kristian Manchester, sees the Canadian UFC fighter talk about his career and MMA strategy in the cage.
The documentary is produced as a co-venture between Jimmy Lee Inc., Triplex Films Inc. and Upside Up Media Group Inc.
Entertainment One will handle rights in all media for the film in Canada, in collaboration with Remstar, excluding theatrical, VOD and French-language TV rights in Quebec.
Peace Point Rights has the worldwide distribution rights to The DNA of GSP, excluding Canada and the U.S. TV rights.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR