Rep: 'Everyone Is Praying for the Best' for Aretha Franklin
"The doctors said the surgery went well," her rep tells THR of the singer, who is reported to have pancreatic cancer.
Aretha Franklin is recovering successfully from surgery, her rep tells The Hollywood Reporter. Multiple media reports have said the singer is battling pancreatic cancer.
"The doctors said the surgery went well and that every one is praying for the best," the rep told THR without specifying her illness.
Fraklin underwent surgery on Dec. 1, releasing a statement the day after that read: "God is still in control. I had superb doctors and nurses whom were blessed by all the prayers of the city and the country."
Her cousin Brenda Corbett told the Detroit Free Press that the soul legend was in good spirits and "doing really really good."
Earlier this year, Franklin announced she was canceling all her concert dates and personal appearances through May 2011.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR