Rep: Rumors That Will Smith Is Joining 'X-Factor' Are 'Fabricated'
A U.K. tabloid reported Monday the actor would judge Simon Cowell's new show.
Will Smith won't be a judge on X-Factor.
A rep for the actor, 42, tells The Hollywood Reporter a U.K. Daily Mirror report is "fabricated."
The paper quoted a source saying that Cowell signed Smith to judge alongside Cheryl Cole: "Simon thinks Will and Cheryl will be a brilliant formula. He’s one of the biggest names in America, and considered to be a talented musician as well as actor."
Cowell's X-Factor kicks off later this fall.
The 10th season of American Idol, the first without him, premieres Jan. 18 on Fox. The new issue of The Hollywood Reporter details the changes this season, including showing the contestants living in a mansion, and allowing online voting.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram