The Report: Barry the Brawler
Mogul vs. mogul! IAC battle is only Diller’s latest bout.
Stepping down as CEO of IAC on Dec. 2 meant more for Barry Diller than simply exchanging a title for more control of his company. By beefing up his shares in the interactive conglomerate, Diller, 68, also rid himself of interference from Liberty Media’s John Malone and Greg Maffei, shareholders and longtime nemeses. It was the most recent boardroom tussle for the mogul Forbes says is worth $1.2 billion, largely because he has never been afraid to butt heads with Hollywood’s most powerful. How’s his scorecard so far?
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR