Report: Same Gun Killed Ronni Chasen, Suicide Gunman
The L.A. Times reports that the gun from Harold Smith, who committed suicide when police came to talk to him about the shooting of Hollywood publicist Ronni Chasen, "appears to be the same one" that killed her in her Mercedes near Sunset and Whittier on Nov. 16.
The Beverly Hills Police Department will hold a press conference in Beverly Hills today at 3 p.m. to provide an update on the case.
Police initially learned of Smith's possible involvement in the murder following a lead from the TV crime show America's Most Wanted.
Despite a local news report earlier this week stating that the gun was not the same used in the murder, law officials remain uncertain about any connection between Smith and Chasen as they await a ballistics test on the gun Smith used to kill himself last month.
The Times cites an anonymous law enforcement source who revealed that the gun was the same one used in Chasen's murder last month as she made her way down Sunset to Beverly Hills from Hollywood, where she attended the premiere of Burlesque earlier in the evening.
Although the Beverly Hills Police Department has not disclosed any further details about its 3 p.m. conference, it's anticipated that it may concern the ballistics results discovered by the L.A. County Scientific Services Bureau.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR