The Report: Hollywood Magic!
How ‘F***Buddies’ Became ‘No Strings Attached.’
What’s in a name? Plenty. Sometimes the biggest challenge studios face is homing in on a film title that will draw the broadest audience and please the filmmaker. Some changes make sense (i.e., Paramount’s No Strings Attached), while others seem random (Sony’s Everything You’ve Got became How Do You Know). Can you guess what these 2011 releases were originally called?
1. Unknown (Warner Bros., 2/18)
Logline: Upon waking from a coma, a man (Liam Neeson) learns that his identity has been stolen, and no one — not even his wife — knows who he really is.
A. Unknown White Male
B. House of the Unknown
C. I Am So Alone
D. Identity Crisis
2. The Adjustment Bureau (Universal, 3/4)
Logline: Soon after a congressman (Matt Damon) falls in love with a ballerina, he’s informed by a mysterious group that he and the dancer are never to see each other again —as decreed by fate itself.
A. The Adjustment Men
B. The Adjustment Team
C. The Adjustment Report
D. The Adjustment Supremacy
3. Take Me Home Tonight (Relativity, 3/4)
Logline: In 1988, a recent college grad (Topher Grace) goes with his best friend and twin sister to a party, where he wins over the girl of his dreams by telling her he works for Goldman Sachs.
A. And We Danced
B. You Spin Me Round
C. You Give Love a Bad Name
D. Kids in America
4. Limitless (Relativity, 3/18)
Logline: A man (Bradley Cooper) obtains a top-secret drug that makes his brain function at perfect efficiency, but dangerous side effects emerge.
B. The Dark Fields
C. All in Your Head
D. Bigger Faster Stronger
5. Now (Fox, 10/28)
Logline: In the not-so-distant future, where only the rich can turn
off the aging gene, a poor young man (Justin Timberlake) is accused of murder after he inherits a fortune.
A. Forever Young
B. A Life on the Run
D. Now You’re Dead
Answers: 1. A, 2. A, 3. D, 4. B, 5. C
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game