Report: Jennifer Lopez inks $12 mil 'Idol' deal
Signs one-year contract to become a judge on Fox show
Jennifer Lopez has sealed a one-year deal valued at around $12 million to become a judge on Fox hit show "American Idol," according to reports.
A deal would allow Lopez to be at the auditions of the new season of "Idol," which starts next week. Fox declined to comment. It has been mostly mum amid rampant speculation in recent weeks about the judges for the show's tenth season.
People reported that Lopez has finalized a deal after a previous attempt failed a month ago.
Celebrity website TMZ cited a source as saying that her deal was worth "a little more than $12 million."
Deadline.com had first reported that Lopez had received a $12 million contract offer without Fox promises for additional film or TV projects, which she had been hoping to secure.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!