Report: Katie Couric Being Sought for Daytime Talk Show
Multiple syndicators are approaching the TV news personality as her CBS News contract nears its end.
Katie Couric is being approached by multiple syndicators about doing a daytime talk show, Broadcasting & Cable reported.
The news comes just a few months before Couric's contract with CBS News is set to expire, in May.
"She could get in there and command a lot of money," a syndication executive told B&C of Couric, who recently spoke at The Hollywood Reporter's annual Women in Entertainment Power 100 breakfast.
Should Couric decide to go the daytime talk show route, she wouldn't be the first TV news personality to do so. Most recently, Jane Pauley -- who, like Couric, is a former Today co-host -- tried her hand at a talker that lasted only one season, in 2004.
Meanwhile, as THR first reported, Warner Bros. is selling a daytime show featuring CNN's Anderson Cooper to stations for a 2011 launch.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR