Report: Liberty Media's Gregory Maffei Tops List of Highest-Paid CEOs
See which other media moguls made the cut -- and how much money they took home last year.
Liberty Media Corp. chief Gregory Maffei is the highest-paid CEO in any industry, taking home $87.1 million before taxes last year, according to a study by the Wall Street Journal.
That was four times his 2008 compensation package, reports the WSJ, which looked at the CEO salaries of all 456 of the biggest U.S. public companies.
Other media moguls who made the top 10 included Yahoo's Carol Bartz, who came in at No. 4 with a $44.6 million compensation package in the company's most recent fiscal year.
CBS Corp.'s Leslie Moonves landed at No. 5 with an annual compensation of $37.6 million, followed at No. 6 by Viacom's Philippe Dauman with $33.7 million.
Also a little further down on the list was Comcast's Brian Roberts at No. 16 with $22.1 million and Disney's Bob Iger at No. 18 with $20.1 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws