Report: Madonna Plans to Present her Feature Film 'W.E.' at Cannes
UPDATED: But sales agency IM Global says the French report is incorrect, saying that the film will not be ready.
PARIS -- While she may not be like a Virgin to the Festival de Cannes, Madonna plans to head back to the Croisette in May to present her feature film W.E, French newspaper Le Parisien/Aujourd'hui reported on Thursday.
The material girl will first screen her film privately for select distributors in Berlin next month.
W.E. stars Abbie Cornish and Oscar Isaac in the film about parallel stories of the early 20th century love affair between Wallis Simpson and King Edward VIII and a modern romance.
Selection for the title in Cannes won't be official until fest artistic director Thierry Fremaux makes his final statement in April.
UPDATED: IM Global, the sales agency for the film, have insisted the French report is incorrect, saying that the film will not be ready for Cannes. The film will instead be hitting the fall film market.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR