The Report: THR Heat Index
Tracking good and bad weeks in the entertainment business.
DOWN: Sean McManus
The CBS News president fired Early Show anchors Harry Smith and Maggie Rodriguez but replaced them with lesser-known CBS talent rather than a game-changing name, reinforcing the show’s status as perennial also-ran.
UP: Ken Howard and Roberta Reardon
The respective SAG and AFTRA leaders and their staffs can boast a successful joint negotiation with the studios, leading to a quick and tidy deal. Is a merger next?
UP: Noah Baumbach
The filmmaker’s indie Greenberg scores a surprising four Spirit Award noms as news leaks that Ben Stiller and James Franco are eyeing roles in his next film.
UP: Jodie Foster
The Beaver gets a spring release date, a trailer and no Mel Gibson-related outcry.
UP: Regal Entertainment Group — $15.04 (+12%)
Movie exhibitor declares an extraordinary cash dividend of $1.40 a share and increases quarterly dividend by 17%.
DOWN: DirecTV — $40.62 (-3%)
Goldman Sachs lowers financial targets through 2012 based on higher programming costs.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10