The Report: THR Heat Index
Tracking good and bad weeks in the entertainment business.
DOWN: Sean McManus
The CBS News president fired Early Show anchors Harry Smith and Maggie Rodriguez but replaced them with lesser-known CBS talent rather than a game-changing name, reinforcing the show’s status as perennial also-ran.
UP: Ken Howard and Roberta Reardon
The respective SAG and AFTRA leaders and their staffs can boast a successful joint negotiation with the studios, leading to a quick and tidy deal. Is a merger next?
UP: Noah Baumbach
The filmmaker’s indie Greenberg scores a surprising four Spirit Award noms as news leaks that Ben Stiller and James Franco are eyeing roles in his next film.
UP: Jodie Foster
The Beaver gets a spring release date, a trailer and no Mel Gibson-related outcry.
UP: Regal Entertainment Group — $15.04 (+12%)
Movie exhibitor declares an extraordinary cash dividend of $1.40 a share and increases quarterly dividend by 17%.
DOWN: DirecTV — $40.62 (-3%)
Goldman Sachs lowers financial targets through 2012 based on higher programming costs.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills