The Report: THR Heat Index
Tracking good and bad weeks in the entertainment business.
UP David O. Russell
The Fighter director scored his first DGA Award nom (along with Darren Aronofsky, David Fincher, Tom Hooper and Christopher Nolan), boosting his Oscar chances.
DOWN Dick Meyer
NPR News’ executive editor apologized after NPR falsely reported that Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords had died in the Jan. 8 shooting, which was picked up by Fox News, CNN and others.
UP Mitch Singer
The Sony digital exec heads the group pushing Ultraviolet DRM technology, which got a summer launch date at CES. Studios are closer to a consumer-friendly standard for protecting content online.
UP SallyAnn Salsano
The Season 3 premiere of the producer’s Jersey Shore is MTV’s highest-rated series telecast ever.
Shares near a 10-year high as analyst Richard Greenfield raises his target price to $50, thanks to Tangled and high hopes for June’s Cars 2.
DOWN National Cinema
In-theater ad firm faces tough comparisons this quarter owing to Avatar a year ago.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR