The Report: THR Heat Index
Tracking good and bad weeks in the entertainment business.
UP Brian Roberts
Comcast’s chairman and CEO finally won FCC approval of the NBC Universal merger. When the deal closes, he will preside over the largest media company in the U.S.
DOWN Ron Howard
Even with bankable stars Vince Vaughn and Kevin James, Howard’s The Dilemma limped to a $20.5 million opening over a long weekend after mostly scathing reviews.
DOWN Charlie Sheen
His Vegas antics drew a rare rebuke from CBS Entertainment topper Nina Tassler, who has a “high level of concern” about his behavior.
UP Sue Naegle
The HBO exec breathed a sigh of relief as Boardwalk Empire upset Mad Men and Dexter at the Globes, establishing the pricey series as the network’s next awards generator.
UP Live Nation
Tough to lose money when average ticket price for a Lady Gaga concert is $102. Also touring: U2 and Rod Stewart.
Weak video game sales data for 2010 particularly hurt THQ, which did not publish a top 10 game last year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10