Report: Tom Cruise in Talks for 'Rock of Ages'; Gwyneth Paltrow Offered Role
Adam Shankman directing film adaptation of Broadway musical.
Tom Cruise is in talks to join Rock of Ages, the Adam Shankman-directed adaptation of the Broadway musical, Entertainment Weekly reported.
In addition, Gwyneth Paltrow said she has been offered a role in the film.
"It sounds cool," Paltrow told EW on the red carpet at the Country Strong premiere. "I just got the script and I will read it on the plane home tomorrow. But it sounds like it could be fun."
As for Cruise, producer Jenno Topping told EW, "It's real, although it is not cemented."
Ages, set in Los Angeles during the late 1908s, centers on an aspiring rocker working as a busboy in a Hollywood club. He falls for a girl who encourages him to go after his dreams.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR