Republic Records' Monte and Avery Lipman Deliver Commencement Speech
The University at Albany alums addressed 13,000 attendees at Sunday's graduation ceremony.
Republic Records chairman and CEO Monte Lipman, ‘86, and president and COO Avery Lipman, ’88, returned to their alma mater, the University at Albany, to deliver the commencement address on Sunday. More than 13,000 attendees, including 2,250 new graduates, congregated on the school’s Entry Plaza lawn for the undergraduate commencement ceremony.
The sibling executives outlined their appreciation for the education they received from the school. Said Avery: "While attending Albany, we solidified our love of music; which ultimately became a defining point in our lives and future careers. We are eternally gracious for the privilege of our higher education."
They also expressed appreciation for University president Dr. Robert J. Jones, a multiple Grammy winner. "It warms our heart to know the school is run by a music man," said Monte.
Avery concluded their speech with a line well-known to the college-aged: "If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws