'Rescue Me': A Final (Quite Funny) Conversation
Humor in 9/11? The FX series, reaching its end on Sept. 7, achieved it -- and so much more -- as show creators Denis Leary and Peter Tolan reveal an enviable rapport, share their future projects and talk candidly (as always) out of school.
As the FX series born from 9/11 reaches its conclusion after seven seasons, series co-creators Peter Tolan and star Denis Leary have much to reflect on: seven years, seven Emmy nominations (with one win for Michael J. Fox's guest turn) and 93 episodes mixed with high comedy and heavy drama. A conversation intended to be Tolan interviewing Leary revealed how Rescue Me was almost a Toronto-filmed comedy on HBO, their hopes (and fears) for the legacy of the show and what's in store for the bickering pair.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR