'Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D' Producers Reteam for 'Silent Hill'
French producer Samuel Hadida has joined forces with Don Carmody to kick-start Michael J. Bassett's Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, scheduled to shoot this year in Toronto.
The duo are back in business after recently teaming on Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D. Hadida's Davis Films also produced Bassett's Deathwatch and Solomon Kane movies.
The 3D sequel to Christophe Gans' Silent Hill, based on the Konami video game franchise, is being touted to international buyers at AFM by Lionsgate.
"We have high expectations for this continuation of the franchise with our reunited Silent Hill production team," Hadida said. "Michael was our natural choice to write and direct. He understands the genre, is passionate about the Silent Hill franchise, and will bring his considerable action picture skills to a fresh and thrilling insight of the Silent Hill 3D world."
Gaming company Konami is also on board with the plans.
Hadida often wears two hats at AFM as, along with brother Victor, he also runs French indie distributor Metropolitan FilmExport in addition to heading up L.A.- and Paris-based production banner Davis Films.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game