'Resident Evil: Retribution' Top-Grossing Canadian Release in 2012
Producer Don Carmody will receive the Golden Reel Award at the upcoming Canadian Screen Awards for the domestic box office performer.
TORONTO – It’s a habit: Oscar-winning producer Don Carmody (Chicago) has picked up his seventh Golden Reel Award here after Resident Evil: Retribution became the top-grossing Canadian-produced release of 2012.
The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television will present the trophy to Carmody at the upcoming Canadian Screen Awards after the latest Resident Evil franchise outing grossed over $5.4 million in Canada last year.
Resident Evil: Retribution, also from Constantin Films and Screen Gems, grossed around $250 million worldwide, including on release in China.
Resident Evil: Apocalypse and Resident Evil: Afterlife earned earlier Golden Reel Awards for Carmody, long the go-to producer for Hollywood studio pictures shot in Canada.
His other Golden Reel Award-winning films are Meatballs, Porkys, Johnny Mnemonic and The Art of War.
Resident Evil: Retribution, which starred Milla Jovovich, was written and directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, who will be back in Toronto this spring to shoot the Volcano epic Pompeii, also for Carmody.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting