'Restless' Actress Hayley Erin Cast in MTV's 'Patito Feo'
Argentinian telenovela is being adapted for U.S. by 'Easy A' scribe Bert V. Royal.
Hayley Erin has been cast in MTV's half-hour teen comedy pilot Patito Feo, from director Andy Fickman (You Again) and Easy A writer Bert V. Royal. Although she is best known for playing Abby Carlton on The Young and the Restless for the past two years, the 16-year-old actress has also appeared on a number of top-rated shows, including Modern Family, Big Love, Two and a Half Men and True Jackson VP.
Based on a telenovela from Argentina, Patito Feo translates to "Ugly Duckling" and centers on a Mexican teen (Benita Robledo) who experiences a bit of culture shock when she transfers to a U.S. high school. Erin, who is repped by Coast to Coast and Magnolia Entertainment, nabbed the role of "Josie."
In addition to adapting the series for the U.S. market, Royal is also co-producing. Fickman, Teri Weinberg, Beatriz Acevedo and Doug Greiff are executive producers on the project.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)