In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'Amazing Spider-Man,' 'Savages,' 'Katy Perry: Part of Me' and More
Wondering which film to go see this weekend? Check out what THR's critics say about the movies opening this week.
From a webslinging superhero to a drug cartel to a pop princess, moviegoers have a variety of options this weekend.
Marc Webb's 3D superhero sequel The Amazing Spider-Man, starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, hit theaters Tuesday night, just before the July 4th holiday.
Opening Friday is Oliver Stone’s drug-cartel drama Savages, which features a strong cast including Taylor Kitsch, Blake Lively, Aaron Johnson, John Travolta, Benicio Del Toro and Salma Hayek.
Meanwhile, pop singer-songwriter Katy Perry hit theaters Thursday in Katy Perry: Part of Me, a documentary featuring interviews, behind-the-scenes footage and 3D concert scenes.
Read what The Hollywood Reporter's film critics have to say about all the films opening this weekend, and find out how they are expected to perform at the box office.
The Amazing Spider-Man (opened Tuesday)
Marc Webb's adaptation features Andrew Garfield as the webslinger hero and Emma Stone as his love interest. Read Jordan Mintzer's review here.
Katy Perry: Part of Me (opened Thursday)
The movie, more of an adulatory artist profile than a bona fide concert doc, features a mix of interviews, reality TV-style behind-the-scenes footage and 3D concert scenes. Read Justin Lowe's review here.
Stone’s rendition of Don Winslow’s drug-cartel drama is created with a jagged, darkly trippy style that expresses the story’s tense uncertainties. Read Todd McCarthy's review here.
The Duplass brothers direct and produce the comedy about two adult brothers who reunite for a long-overdue rematch during a family reunion. Read John DeFore's review here.
Actor Martin Donovan's writing and directing debut film appears to be a work in progress. Read Sura Wood's review here.
Basic, efficient little horror item scares up a few little shocks, possibly enough for a modest commercial career. Read Todd McCarthy's review here.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'