In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'Gravity,' 'Runner Runner' and More
UPDATED: What THR's critics say about the movies opening this weekend.
Sandra Bullock and George Clooney head out into space in this weekend's opening of Gravity.
In Alfonso Cuaron's sci-fi thriller, Bullock stars as Dr. Ryan Stone, a medical engineer who travels to space with Clooney's Matt Kowalski, a veteran astronaut. When an accident happens during a space walk, the duo must team up for survival.
Read what The Hollywood Reporter's film critics have to say about all the films opening this weekend and find out how they are expected to perform at the box office.
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock star as astronauts in Alfonso Cuaron's jaw-dropping space thriller. Read Todd McCarthy's review here.
Justin Timberlake and Ben Affleck star in Fox's gambling pic, out on Oct. 4 in the U.S. Read Todd McCarthy's review here.
Adam Scott plays a man finally realizing his parents' divorce really screwed him up in Stuart Zicherman's debut. Read John DeFore's review here.
Director Stacie Passon's drama follows a midlife crisis that threatens a lesbian couple's upper middle class ease. Read John DeFore's review here.
Journalist-turned-director Peter Landesman revisits the JFK assassination through the eyes of a dozen people close to the action in Dallas in November 1963. Read Stephen Farber's review here.
Evan Jackson Leong’s film adds significant new perspective to point guard Jeremy Lin’s breakout NBA season. Read Justin Lowe's review here.
Nothing Left to Fear
A family faces malevolent forces in the heartland in this horror film marking the debut release from Slash's production company. Read Frank Scheck's review here.
Let the Fire Burn
Jason Osder sticks with archive footage for his recreation of the 1985 conflict between police and Philadelphia's MOVE collective. Read John DeFore's review here.
A Touch of Sin
China returns to the Cannes competition with Jia Zhang-ke's sobering view of festering discontent as the gap between the country's rich and poor expands. Read David Rooney's review here.
A River Changes Course
Kalyanee Mam's debut travels through Cambodia to document vanishing folkways. Read John DeFore's review here.
A young woman defies her pastor father and pursues a pop music career in Brad J. Silverman's inspirational drama. Read Frank Scheck's review here.
Viking warriors battle Thor--the god, not the Marvel character--in this swords-and-sandals epic. Read Frank Scheck's review here.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack