Ric Roman Waugh to Direct and Rewrite 'Tipping Point' for Relativity
The sci-fi thriller is set in a dystopian future when the penalty for having children without a license is death.
Ric Roman Waugh has signed on to direct and rewrite the sci-fi thriller Tipping Point for Relativity Media.
Based on an original screenplay by Todd Stein, the story is set 100 years in the future as the world’s population approaches 10 billion and the penalty for having children without a license is death -- no questions, no excuses, and no mercy. Ruthless Population Control Officer Solomon Cage lives only for his job until the day he discovers two fugitives he’s been pursuing are the love of his life who mysteriously disappeared years ago and the 12-year-old son he never knew he had.
Temple Hill Entertainment’s Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey -- the pair behind The Twilight Saga -- are producing alongside Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh and Industry Entertainment’s Andrew Deane. Relativity president Tucker Tooley and Industry's Jess Rosenthal will serve as exec produce.
Waugh’s upcoming credits include Snitch, an action-thriller starring Dwayne Johnson, which opens Feb. 2. The former stuntman who also directed Felon is repped by WME and Management 360.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR