Richard Dreyfuss Joins Cast of Jason Priestley's 'Cas & Dylan' (Exclusive)
The Oscar winner will star opposite Tatiana Maslany in the original “Beverly Hills, 90210” actor's directorial debut.
TORONTO – Oscar-winning actor Richard Dreyfuss has been cast in a co-starring role for Cas & Dylan, Jason Priestley’s directorial debut.
Dreyfuss will play Dr. Cas Pepper, a dying man whose plans to check out on his own terms takes a reluctant detour when he winds up on the lam with a young woman, played by Tatiana Maslany.
Priestley (Call Me Fitz, Beverly Hills, 90210) will direct the Canadian indie film from a script by Jessie Gabe (Being Erica).
Mark Montefiore (Picnicface, Eating Buccaneers) is producing.
Dreyfuss, who won an Oscar for his star turn in the 1977 film The Goodbye Girl, also had an early starring role in the classic 1974 Canadian film The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz, by director Ted Kotcheff.
His other film credits include Jaws, Mr. Holland’s Opus, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and American Graffiti.
Co-star Maslany won the special jury prize for Breakout Star at Sundance for her performance in Grown Up Movie Star.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR