Richard Gere, Wife Separated, Planning to Divorce
The couple was married in 2002 and have a 13-year-old son together.
Richard Gere and his wife, Carey Lowell, have separated and are planning to file for divorce, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The couple, married in 2002, have "been spending time apart for quite some time," a source close to the couple told Page Six, which first reported that the pair planned to divorce.
Another source told Page Six the two have different lifestyles: "They have a place in Bedford, [N.Y.], and he likes it because it's quiet and he likes the solitude. She likes being in North Haven in the limelight."
The actor, who most recently appeared in Movie 43 and the Wall Street drama Arbitrage, was previously married to Cindy Crawford. Lowell, meanwhile, was previously married to actor Griffin Dunne.
The couple has a 13-year-old son, Homer.
Gere's rep declined to comment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR