Richard Jenkins Cast in Tom Cruise's 'One Shot'
The character actor joins a cast that also includes Rosamund Pike and David Oyelowo.
Richard Jenkins has joined the cast of One Shot, the Paramount-Skydance Productions crime thriller that stars Tom Cruise.
The project, an adaptation of a 2005 Lee Child novel, centers on Jack Reacher (Cruise), an ex-Army cop who gets sucked into the mystery surrounding the arrest of a sniper accused of killing five people in a shooting.
Jenkins, a best actor Oscar nominee for The Visitor (2008), will play a district attorney who goes after the sniper. Christopher McQuarrie is set to direct from a script he wrote. Paramount is eyeing a fall shoot in Pittsburgh.
Jenkins' recent credits include Friends with Benefits, Eat Pray Love and Dear John. He will appear in The Rum Diary, which opens Oct. 28.
Jenkins is represented by Gersh and Bill Treusch Management.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'