Rick Carter to Receive Art Directors Guild's Lifetime Achievement Award
The "Lincoln" and "Avatar" production designer will be honored at a ceremony in February 2014.
Rick Carter, an Oscar-winning production designer, will be honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the 18th Annual Excellence in Production Design Awards.
"Rick Carter's work as a production designer is among the best in the history of our profession," said John Shaffner, Art Directors Guild council chairman, in a statement. "He personifies all the qualities of an artist and is the Guild's perfect choice this year to join the ranks of our Lifetime Achievers."
Over the course of his career, Carter has worked on films such as Jurassic Park, Forrest Gump, Amistad, Castaway,The Polar Express and War Horse. He picked up Oscar wins for his contributions to James Cameron's 2009 blockbuster Avatar and Steven Spielberg's critically acclaimed 2012 biopic Lincoln.
Last year's honoree at the Excellence in Production Design Awards was Star Trek veteran Herman Zimmerman, who worked on six of the sci-fi series' feature films as well as the TV shows.
Carter will receive the award on Feb. 8, 2014 at an event hosted at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. The Hollywood Reporter is a media sponsor for the awards.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David