Rick Carter to Receive Art Directors Guild's Lifetime Achievement Award
The "Lincoln" and "Avatar" production designer will be honored at a ceremony in February 2014.
Rick Carter, an Oscar-winning production designer, will be honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the 18th Annual Excellence in Production Design Awards.
"Rick Carter's work as a production designer is among the best in the history of our profession," said John Shaffner, Art Directors Guild council chairman, in a statement. "He personifies all the qualities of an artist and is the Guild's perfect choice this year to join the ranks of our Lifetime Achievers."
Over the course of his career, Carter has worked on films such as Jurassic Park, Forrest Gump, Amistad, Castaway,The Polar Express and War Horse. He picked up Oscar wins for his contributions to James Cameron's 2009 blockbuster Avatar and Steven Spielberg's critically acclaimed 2012 biopic Lincoln.
Last year's honoree at the Excellence in Production Design Awards was Star Trek veteran Herman Zimmerman, who worked on six of the sci-fi series' feature films as well as the TV shows.
Carter will receive the award on Feb. 8, 2014 at an event hosted at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. The Hollywood Reporter is a media sponsor for the awards.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR