Rick Carter to Receive Art Directors Guild's Lifetime Achievement Award
The "Lincoln" and "Avatar" production designer will be honored at a ceremony in February 2014.
Rick Carter, an Oscar-winning production designer, will be honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the 18th Annual Excellence in Production Design Awards.
"Rick Carter's work as a production designer is among the best in the history of our profession," said John Shaffner, Art Directors Guild council chairman, in a statement. "He personifies all the qualities of an artist and is the Guild's perfect choice this year to join the ranks of our Lifetime Achievers."
Over the course of his career, Carter has worked on films such as Jurassic Park, Forrest Gump, Amistad, Castaway,The Polar Express and War Horse. He picked up Oscar wins for his contributions to James Cameron's 2009 blockbuster Avatar and Steven Spielberg's critically acclaimed 2012 biopic Lincoln.
Last year's honoree at the Excellence in Production Design Awards was Star Trek veteran Herman Zimmerman, who worked on six of the sci-fi series' feature films as well as the TV shows.
Carter will receive the award on Feb. 8, 2014 at an event hosted at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. The Hollywood Reporter is a media sponsor for the awards.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical