Rick Ross Delays 'God Forgives' Album Release
The album has been pushed to early 2012 after being scheduled to hit stores Dec. 13.
NEW YORK -- The release of God Forgives, I Don't, the latest full-length opus from Rick Ross, has been pushed to early 2012 after originally being pegged with a Dec. 13 release date.
Island Def Jam senior vp of marketing Chris Atlas tells Billboard that the label hopes to release the album "around first quarter, early second quarter" of 2012, with an official release date still to be determined. Atlas says that the seizure Ross suffered while on a flight to Memphis, Tenn. in mid-October is part of the reason why the release of Ross' fifth album, which follows last year's Teflon Don, has been delayed.
"I think we're all aware of his recent health issue, and based on some of the minor setbacks with that, we weren't able to confirm certain opportunities, because he physically wasn't able to deal with certain things at the time," says Atlas. "We want this to be his biggest album -- we know it's going to be his biggest album -- so we did not want to pressure him into releasing an album based on the sake of a date."
After the health scare last month, Ross canceled a scheduled concert date in Greensboro, N.C., citing health concerns. In an appearance on MTV's RapFix Live on Wednesday (Nov. 16), Ross said that the Dec. 13 date was still "tentative," and that, "If I wanted to, I'm pretty sure I could still meet that date."
"You The Boss," the Nicki Minaj-assisted single from God Forgives, I Don't, is currently at No. 19 on the R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, while another single, the Just Blaze-produced "I Love My Bitches," is at No. 99 on the tally. Meanwhile, Wale's Ambition, which was released on Ross' Maybach label and was executive-produced by Ross, debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 last week.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David