Man Shot Dead Outside Rick Ross’ Home
The rapper is not considered a suspect and was not home at the time of the attack.
An unidentified 40-year-old man was found shot to death Wednesday morning (Feb. 29) outside a Miami Gardens home that reportedly belongs to rapper Rick Ross.
According to The Miami Herald, police were sent to the area after receiving reports of gunfire just before 7 a.m. on Wednesday. Sgt. Bill Bamford said the team found "the bloody body of a 40-year-old man near the gate of the front yard of a home."
Bamford continued to tell the Herald that they believe the property belongs to Ross, but that he does not live there. Ross reportedly lets others stay in the home and record there. According to Miami-Dade property records, the home is owned by William L. Roberts II, whose stage name is Rick Ross.
A law enforcement source tells TMZ Ross was not there and is not considered a suspect, however police are eager to speak to him.
A representative for Ross did not immediately respond to Billboard's request for comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10