Rick Ross Gives First Interview Since Seizure, Announces Jay-Z Collaboration (Video)
The rapper blames his recent health scare during a flight to Memphis on a lack of sleep.
Rick Ross returned to the spotlight Tuesday, giving his first interview since his Oct. 14 seizure.
During a flight headed to Memphis, the rapper fell unconscious immediately after takeoff, and paramedics had to resuscitate him. The plane was forced to make an emergency landing.
On Tuesday, Ross appeared on BET's 106 & Park to explain the health scare.
"It was a case of me not getting enough rest, enough sleep," he said, adding:
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going. And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross, who also serves as CEO of the Maybach Music Group record label, added that he was tested for cancer, diabetes, HIV and other health issues but they revealed that he is "totally healthy."
Meanwhile, Ross also revealed that he was supposed to be on bed rest but didn't exactly obey doctor's orders. Instead, he announced, he was working on a collaboration with Jay-Z during that time.
“Me and Jay-Z finished the biggest collaboration that we’ve ever done together, for my album,” he said. “Being the fastest-growing label in the game, wanting to be the No. 1 label in the game, it comes with a lot of sacrifices and in my case it was sleep. I would get two hours of sleep and keep moving. Me being a hustler.”
Ross had been heading to Memphis to open a Wingstop restaurant, the first in a planned chain of flavored wings eateries, and had been scheduled to perform at a free "Memphis Madness" event kicking off the University of Memphis' basketball team's first official practice of the 2011-12 season.