Rick Sanchez Lands a New Job
The former CNN anchor, fired after going on a controversial rant late last year, will become a football radio announcer for Florida International University.
NEW YORK - Former CNN anchor Rick Sanchez, who was fired last fall after calling The Daily Show host Jon Stewart a bigot and saying that Jewish people run the media, has a new job.
According to the Associated Press, Florida International University has hired the Miami native as a radio announcer for the new football season that kicks off this fall. He will serve as color analyst on WMCU-1080 AM alongside play-by-play announcer Tony Calatayud.
According to the AP, two of Sanchez's sons will attend FIU this fall. FIU's football season begins Sept. 1.
Sanchez said in a statement that he was honored when FIU asked him to be part of its football broadcasts.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR