Rick Sanchez Lands a New Job
The former CNN anchor, fired after going on a controversial rant late last year, will become a football radio announcer for Florida International University.
NEW YORK - Former CNN anchor Rick Sanchez, who was fired last fall after calling The Daily Show host Jon Stewart a bigot and saying that Jewish people run the media, has a new job.
According to the Associated Press, Florida International University has hired the Miami native as a radio announcer for the new football season that kicks off this fall. He will serve as color analyst on WMCU-1080 AM alongside play-by-play announcer Tony Calatayud.
According to the AP, two of Sanchez's sons will attend FIU this fall. FIU's football season begins Sept. 1.
Sanchez said in a statement that he was honored when FIU asked him to be part of its football broadcasts.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)