Ricki Lake Eyeing Return to Daytime TV
Twentieth Television has inked a development deal with the former host for a talk show to potentially launch in fall 2012.
Ricki Lake is heading back to daytime.
Twentieth Television announced a development deal Wednesday for a daytime show pegged for a possible fall 2012 launch.
The hourlong talker, which would be shot in Los Angles, will cover topics such as marriage, divorce, parenting and weight loss close to the single mother’s heart.
“Ricki is a pop culture icon who has built a career on her candid, straight talk sensibility and her authentic, relatable nature,” said Stephen Brown, senior vice president programming and development at Twentieth TV. “With an enormous fan base, that represents all ages and ethnicities, we are thrilled to develop a daytime talk show emphasizing Ricki’s fresh and enhanced perspective.”
The announcement, first reported by Broadcasting & Cable, comes seven years after Lake drew the curtain on her previous talk show, produced and distributed by Sony Pictures Television from 1993 to 2004. A fall launch would put her in competition for airtime with Katie Couric’s likely talk show.
In the years since, Lake has produced The Business of Being Born, a documentary about home births and appeared on such shows as CBS’ Gameshow Marathon and VH1’s Charm School.
"It has been very fulfilling for the past seven years to focus my energy on advocacy work on behalf families and children," said Lake in a statement. "Now, I am excited to return to my roots and work with Twentieth Television to develop a talk show that will give me an opportunity to share my experiences and reconnect with audiences."
Lake is repped by WME.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack