Ricky Gervais Pays Tribute to Christopher Hitchens on Twitter
The Golden Globes troublemaker calls the late TV pundit a "brave man and a hero of mine."
Ricky Gervais took to Twitter on Friday following the death of his friend and fellow troublemaker, Christopher Hitchens.
"RIP Christopher Hitchens," wrote Gervais of the TV pundit and author. "The most honest and outspoken, bullshit-free thinker of our time. A brave man and a hero of mine." Added the comedian: "Just been reading through all my emails to and from Christopher H. (that's how he signed off) Had to stop as it was making me too sad."
No stranger to controversy himself, Gervais incited fury this week for echoing a Hitchensian stance on religion on the social-networking site. "I don't believe in ANY god because it's Irrational, without basis and mental. But it is EVERYONE'S right to believe what they want. End of," he explained to readers, sparking online debate.
Gervais is poised to push more buttons as host of the Golden Globe Awards on Jan. 11.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR