Ricky Gervais Confirms He's Worth $80 Million
"Now this is out, I will have to get my family a million scratch cards each for Christmas," the comedian quipped on his blog.
Ricky Gervais has confirmed a report that he's worth a whopping $80 million.
"They are of course spot on," Gervais wrote on his blog of a Celebrity Net Worth report that listed him among the world's richest comedians. "I know it sounds a lot, but remember, I donate a lot of this to good causes. (The Inland Revenue mainly.)" (The Inland Revenue is the British version of the IRS.)
He also joked that now that the word is out, he's going to be obligated to share it with his relatives.
"I will have to get my family a million scratch cards each for Christmas," he wrote, adding: "I have decided to use the rest of the money to take over Libya."
Gervais co-created and starred in the British version of The Office. He also executive produces the American version, which was sold into syndication.
He also co-created the cult hit Extras, which aired on HBO in the U.S.
The comedian, a two-time Golden Globes, ignited controversy after last month's awards show thanks to his monologue filled with raunchy jokes.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR