Ricky Gervais on Golden Globes: ‘I Probably Won’t Be Here Next Year’
9:36 AM PST 1/17/2011 by Mark Cina
If he is asked back as host, he says he’ll “go (expletive) mental.”
After spewing a series of controversial zingers at Sunday's Golden Globes, Ricky Gervais isn't expecting the HFPA to invite him back as host.Before last year's show had even ended, he told USA Today that he was invited to host in 2011. As of last night, he didn't get any offers. "That's ominous, isn't it?" he asked. "So I probably won't be here next year." If he is invited back, he said, "I'll go (expletive) mental." Gervais came under fire for mean jokes directed at Charlie Sheen, The Tourist and members of the Church of Scientology whom he implied were gay. Robert Downey Jr - the butt of one of Gervais' jokes - said the show was "hugely mean-spirited with mildly sinister undertones."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR