Ricky Gervais on Golden Globes: ‘I Probably Won’t Be Here Next Year’
9:36 AM PST 1/17/2011 by Mark Cina
If he is asked back as host, he says he’ll “go (expletive) mental.”
After spewing a series of controversial zingers at Sunday's Golden Globes, Ricky Gervais isn't expecting the HFPA to invite him back as host.Before last year's show had even ended, he told USA Today that he was invited to host in 2011. As of last night, he didn't get any offers. "That's ominous, isn't it?" he asked. "So I probably won't be here next year." If he is invited back, he said, "I'll go (expletive) mental." Gervais came under fire for mean jokes directed at Charlie Sheen, The Tourist and members of the Church of Scientology whom he implied were gay. Robert Downey Jr - the butt of one of Gervais' jokes - said the show was "hugely mean-spirited with mildly sinister undertones."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills