Ricky Gervais Tipped to Rib Russell Brand and Katy Perry While Hosting Golden Globes Sunday
Irish bookmaker Paddy Power also puts Madonna, Tom Cruise, Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore on likely target list.
LONDON – Ricky Gervais and his much-anticipated return to the host’s podium for this year’s Golden Globe Awards has seen Irish bookmaker Paddy Power taking bets on who he will turn his comedic eye on.
The betting company is tipping Gervais’ fellow English comedian Russell Brand and his estranged pop star wife Katy Perry to become the brunt of the host’s jokes when he takes to the stage on Sunday night to present the globes.
Gervais, who caused a stir when he presented last year’s Golden Globes, is once again gearing up to unleash his sarcastic tongue on a whole host of celebrities.
With Perry and Russell recently announcing their separation that makes them prime suspects at 5/1 to be the first on his hit list, according to Paddy Power.
Other celebrities who could find themselves in Gervais’ firing line include Madonna at 11/2, Tom Cruise at 6/1 and Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore at 10/1. Justin Bieber and Charlie Sheen are also far from safe at odds of 14/1.
When it comes to the Globes themselves, Paddy Power has Michel Hazanavicius’s silent movie The Artist tipped to be the big winner on the night.
The black and white movie is the 1/8 red hot favorite to win best picture comedy/musical while lead actor Jean Dujardin is 1/10 to pick up the Globe for best actor in a comedy/musical.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR