Ricky Gervais to NBC: Will Arnett Should Star on 'The Office'
"I think he's amazing," he blogs.
Ricky Gervais thinks Will Arnett should star on The Office.
He blogged, "Had a little meeting with NBC about various things and recommended Will Arnett for a regular in The Office. Thoughts? I think he's amazing."
Gervais didn't say if he thinks Arnett, whose last sitcom, Running Wilde, was canceled by Fox this year, should replace Steve Carell as the boss.
Gervais also blogged that he's been advising Jerry Seinfeld for London standup shows.
"We were talking about cultural reference changes for his London gigs, and half way through he panicked and said, 'How do I know you're not stitching me up, and I'll be saying the most offensive things?' I'm getting a bad reputation," he joked, referring to his controversial hosting of the Golden Globes.
Earlier, Gervais blogged that he wanted to "pull something even bigger than pissing off Hollywood in front of the world."
"I am going to take over Egypt," he wrote. "I've always wanted a little dictatorship and I think this would be a good starting point. I wouldn't want to run it for long, Ideally I'd like something in Europe eventually, but you've got to start somewhere right?"
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR