Ricky Gervais to NBC: Will Arnett Should Star on 'The Office'
"I think he's amazing," he blogs.
Ricky Gervais thinks Will Arnett should star on The Office.
He blogged, "Had a little meeting with NBC about various things and recommended Will Arnett for a regular in The Office. Thoughts? I think he's amazing."
Gervais didn't say if he thinks Arnett, whose last sitcom, Running Wilde, was canceled by Fox this year, should replace Steve Carell as the boss.
Gervais also blogged that he's been advising Jerry Seinfeld for London standup shows.
"We were talking about cultural reference changes for his London gigs, and half way through he panicked and said, 'How do I know you're not stitching me up, and I'll be saying the most offensive things?' I'm getting a bad reputation," he joked, referring to his controversial hosting of the Golden Globes.
Earlier, Gervais blogged that he wanted to "pull something even bigger than pissing off Hollywood in front of the world."
"I am going to take over Egypt," he wrote. "I've always wanted a little dictatorship and I think this would be a good starting point. I wouldn't want to run it for long, Ideally I'd like something in Europe eventually, but you've got to start somewhere right?"
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!