Ricky Gervais Refuses to Apologize to Jon Stewart (Video)
'If they ever came to my standup, their heads would explode,' Gervais said of his 'toned down' jokes at the Golden Globes.
Jon Stewart has a bone to pick with fellow funnyman Ricky Gervais.
When the British standup comedian stopped by Stewart's The Daily Show, the former Oscar host blasted Gervais on his much-criticized Golden Globes hosting gig in January.
"Here's what you have to apologize about for the Golden Globes," the Comedy Central host joked. "Making people like me -- who've also hosted these events -- feel inadequate by being that funny. ... It hurt my self-esteem, and I think you do owe me an apology."
In true Gervais fashion, the comedian replied, "This is what I think I should apologize for about the Golden Globes: F--k all." Adding, "If they ever came to my standup, their heads would explode. That was toned down, that was daytime TV."
Both hosts said they were shocked by the outrage over The Office creator's jokes about the likes of Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Robert Downey Jr. and Angelina Jolie. "They weren't injured soldiers...they were people that pretend to be someone else all day," quipped Gervais.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR